Friday, May 25, 2007

Makes you wonder...

A friend of mine sent me this opinion of hope. She did not recal where it is that she got it, but she shared.


I was reading it and trying to figure out if I really agree with it or if I am against it...what do you think??


Hope.

A word almost everyone clings to.

I hope I can get this.

I hope I can do that.

I hope she/he comes back to me.

At what point do we realize hope is hurt's identical twin?Hope . . . is nothing but a marinade for pain.

Our hurt starts out fresh and is manageable during this time. The pain we feel is worth, or we think is worth, the outcome we "hope" will happen. As we continue to hold on to this hope, we allow everything else to pass us by. The longer we hope, the harder the pain feels and the more we now need this "thing" to happen. It has now become our goal.

We've now lost touch with reality. Hope has kidnapped reality. It is driving us away from the real world at a speed of over 100 mph. The longer we sit in that passenger side watching our lives pass by in a blur, the longer it's going to take to get back.

We are scared, yet we know we can't go on like this forever.

Our hopefulness has turned to doubtfulness.

But as in real life, if we jump out of that car, if we let go of the past, it will hurt.

I mean it's got to hurt right? Look how fast we are going. Look how long I've been holding on and hoping. I can't do that, I can't just let go and jump. What if I break my leg or what if my heart breaks or what if I lose everything?

We fear it will hurt much more by letting go than it does sitting in that car wondering when the ride will stop and where it will take us. It's natural because the outcome is uncertain and we fear the unknown.

At least hope is dependable and consistent right? We love dependable and consistent.

Letting go of hope is like pulling a band-aid off; quick so the pain is fast and over with.

Trust me it works.

You've got to let go.

We have to realize that hope turns us around and pushes us backward. There are quotes to be found that tell us life is capitalized by hope and that without hope we have nothing. Well, what if hope is just a lack of confidence or trust? Let go of hope.

It actually feels better to fail and/or succeed by your own doing than it does hurting while hoping.


I am not sure where I stand on this one.
SO, According to this UNK writer, the only hope I should ever think about wanting is this one:


1 comment:

StarBerry said...

I'll take the Diamond ...