Friday, February 16, 2007

Big V to the Rescue . . .

So, my trip the Doctor was not as bad as I thought it might be. That DOES NOT mean it was as good as I thought it could be either.

I actually got in rather quickly to see the Doc. I explained to him what was going and gave him some back story (See that? ha ha). I told him what I had tried to do on my own and he then proceeded to poke & prod me.

In the end, he was not able to do much but gove me a script for pain meds. He informed me that the muscle tissue was too inflamed for an x-ray or MRI at that point. I was instructed to take my medicine like a good little girl and call back if the pain did not resolve in 5 to 7 days. He scribbled down the medication & dosage, gave it to me & on the way out advised me that I should not return to work for a few days. (Awesome, an extra day off to rest...which was great since I had not had much of that in the past 4 days!)

To my surprise, he had given me Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen (The Big V). I usually am given crap that does not work - Soma, Flexeril or Robaxin. This Doc meant business. I was pretty much out for the next day and a half. That was some NICE rest. There was pain relief for sure!

And I am sure glad that there is a long weekend ahead of me! I am exhausted from the medication (duh) and having to think before I make any movement so I do not cause any more pain. So, this weekend will consist of some house cleaning & lots of sleeping (what a party animal, huh?)!!

SPECIAL NOTE: The Duke's last Day Happy Hour - A small gathering AND good times. It was nice to see some fellow bloggers *Your Mom*, Birdman & Avman along with some other co-workers & Mrs.Duke. The best appearance was by far the D'nasty! The Duke must be super cool to have gotten her to make an appearance! I guess that work husband/wife duo is meant to be!

LESSON OF THE DAY: Do not take strong pain medication, eat lunch & then ride back to work as a back seat passenger! Unless you are into the binge-purge thing...Yuck, I know!

1 comment:

AvMan said...

HAHAHAHAHA, he was poking and prodding you and then he gave it to you.